Magnus Theatre, a not-for-profit registered charity, is pleased to support other charities and not-for- profit organizations through our Magnus Gives Back Program, by donating tickets to fundraising fundraising events. Each season Magnus Theatre fields many requests and provides donations in kind to dozens of local charities.
Given the success of this program, donations are limited and applications must meet the following criteria:
- The benefitting organization is a not-for-profit registered charity
- The application is received a minimum of two (2) weeks in advance of the event
- Each charity is eligible to receive one donation per year. As multiple events often benefit the same organization, please be advised that a donation to your charity may already have been awarded through another event.
- Preference may be given to arts events and to charities that have not received our support in the past two (2) years.
- Special consideration may be given to organizations that recognize Magnus Theatre through signage and program mention, allow cross-promotional opportunities, and offer reciprocal donations.
- Selected events will be awarded a voucher redeemable for specific Magnus Theatre productions. Restrictions may apply to donations and bookings are subject to availability.
- Advance reservations are required.
- Donations have no cash value and must be accepted as awarded.
- Donations awarded will include Magnus Theatre promotional materials, and will be available for collection from Magnus Theatre’s business office (see address below).
- A thorough description of your event allows us to better evaluate your application. Please be sure to include the following information:
- The goal(s) of your event, especially as it relates to the arts and/or your community
- A description of your target audience(s)
- How a donation will be used (live auction, silent auction, raffle, door prize, etc.)
- Other relevant information
Due to the overwhelming number of requests received, only those organizations that are granted donations will be contacted.
Please complete the application below or download a printable version and submit to:Magnus Theatre
Attn: General Manager
10 Algoma St. S.
Thunder Bay ON P7B 3A7