Magnus is revamping the YOUNG PLAYWRIGHT’S CHALLENGE, after a hiatus of more than a decade. Scripts will undergo an adjudication process, and a winner and two runners up will be chosen to have their scripts workshopped at Magnus Theatre. A public performance will follow. First place will be awarded $500, second place $300 and third place $200.
The Young Playwrights' Challenge is a component of Magnus Theatre's New Play Development Program and Theatre in Education programs which also include year-round theatre classes for all ages, March break and summer drama camps, workshops in the schools, and two annual School Tour productions that are performed in schools throughout Ontario.
For more information on the Young Playwrights' Challenge, or to submit your script, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions can also be mailed to:
Attention: Young Playwrights' Challenge
10 South Algoma St.
Thunder Bay, ON
- Eligible playwrights must be between the ages of 13 and 19
- Submissions must be suitable for a production on stage
- Scripts containing more than eight characters on stage simultaneously will not be considered for this challenge
- a) Submissions must be typed (to be submitted in person, by mail or e-mail)
b) A list of characters must be included before the first page of dialogue
c) All pages must be numbered
- Include a page of information stating your name, age, title of your play, e-mail address and phone number
- Collaborative efforts are eligible as long as all participants are within the required age range
- Please submit original work; no adaptations will be accepted.
February 28, 2018