Plan Your Visit
Located at the head of the Waterfront Entertainment District, Magnus Theatre is situated in the picturesque, historic Waverley Park. Close to nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, hotels and parking, Magnus is in the heart of a vibrant local arts and culture scene. We're easy to get to and easy to find!
Here are some travel tips to help you get here easily:
Magnus Theatre has several bus stops nearby that can get you within two blocks or less.
- The Jumbo Gardens 3J, and County Park 3C bus stops right at Magnus Theatre's north side.
- The Memorial 3M has a stop two blocks south of the theatre on Memorial Ave.
- The Junot 9 has a stop on Algoma just northeast of the theatre.
- If you don't mind a two or three block walk, the Crosstown 2, Mainline 1 and Hudson 7 buses will also get you close by.
Please note that operating methods and hours may differ due to Covid-19 pandemic. Please check with each business before planning your visit.
Restaurants, Pubs & Bars
- Bight Restaurant & Bar - 2201 Sleeping Giant Pkwy - Well-appointed eatery with seasonal Canadian fare, a lakefront patio & a bar with artisan cocktails.
- Thai Kitchen Restaurant - 11 Cumberland St. S - Casual neighborhood Thai joint serving classic fare, draft beer & shakes in airy, inviting digs.
- Tomlin - 202 1/2 Red River Rd - Carefully sourced, seasonal share plates & craft cocktails in a cozy, narrow space with wood floors.
- The Sovereign Room - 220 Red River Rd - Gastropub featuring globally inspired dishes, craft beer, a diverse music playlist & retro accents.
- The Foundry - 242 Red River Rd - Spacious, rustic-chic Irish pub offering upscale comfort food, plus live music, DJs & karaoke.
- Prospector Steak House - 27 Cumberland St S - Old-school steakhouse in a historic bank building offering classic surf & turf & a salad bar.
- Red Lion Smokehouse - 16 Cumberland St S - Laid-back smokehouse offering pub fare like tacos & pulled-pork sandwiches, plus craft beer on tap.
- Both Hands Wood-Fired Pizzeria & Bakery - 297 Park Ave - - Easygoing, rustic eatery & bakery dishing out wood-fired pizza alongside fresh artisan breads.
- Lot 66 - 66 Court St S - Sophisticated, intimate bar & restaurant offering steaks, seafood, cocktails & a long wine list.
- El Tres - 269 Red River Road - Authentic Mexican food & atmosphere.
- Rebel Salad - 320 Bay St - Serving fresh, healthy ingredients, customized to each customer's individual tastes.
- Madhouse - Specializing in fine whiskey, draught beer, and great pub food.
- Nomad (by Pinetree Catering) - 307 Bay St - Custom sandwiches, and Thunder Bay's only crêperie
- Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel - 17 Cumberland St. North
- Delta Hotel by Marriott - 2240 Sleeping Giant Pkwy
- The Courthouse Hotel Thunder Bay - 277 Camelot St.
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay - 50 Cumberland St S
- Definitely Superior Art Gallery (DefSup) - 115 Cumberland St. N
Have we overlooked your favorite Waterfront or Bay/Algoma hotspot? Email us and let us know
Need additonal help?
Call us today and we'll be happy to assist.