School matinees allow students to experience, appreciate, and participate in live professional theatre. Magnus Theatre is proud to share our productions at a discounted rate for school groups.
- School Matinee performances are held on Wednesdays during the show run and begin at 12pm (noon).
- Tickets are only $12.00 each (including students, teachers, and helpers)
- Post-Show Chat with the Cast
- Study Guide with Curriculum Links
Booking and Payment Information
Tickets are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Payment in full is required for all tickets. Changes to your order can be made prior to the ticket printing date (which will be set at the time of booking). No cancellations or reductions in tickets will be accepted after this date. Additional tickets may be purchased at any time if available.
If your group is unable to attend the Wednesday School Matinee dates, and wishes to attend a Saturday matinee or evening performance, please contact Magnus Theatre to make arrangements.
An additional matinee performance may be arranged for schools requesting 200 or more tickets, subject to performance schedule and availability. Teachers are encouraged to inquire about special performances as early as possible.
Policies & Reminders
- Seating is assigned in order of bookings received. Please notify us when booking if you require accessible seating or have any special seating concerns.
- Supervision of students is the responsibility of the school staff and volunteers. Please be sure you have an adequate number of adults available to supervise your group. Students must be supervised in the lounge before and after the show, during intermission, and in the theatre during the performance.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the performance start time.
- School matinees begin promptly at 12 pm (noon) - we cannot hold the curtain for latecomers. Latecomers will be seated only if and when there is an appropriate break in the show. There is no guaranteed seating of latecomers. In the case of unexpected delays, please call the box office at 345-5552 as soon as possible.
- There is an optional 15 minute question and answer session scheduled after most school performances. If you are not planning to participate, please advise Magnus staff before the show so that your students may exit quickly and quietly after the show so as not to disturb the classes that choose to remain.
- Theatre etiquette guidelines are included in the study guide and should be reviewed with your students before arriving to the theatre.
- Use of cell phones, and outside food/drinks are not permitted. Limited concessions will be for sale in the lounge before the show and at intermission.
Questions & Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding grade suitability and/or play content, for more information, or to book your school group, please contact:
Theatre in Education Director
Phone: (807) 345 - 8033 ext. 231
Fax: (807) 345 - 0291
Or the Magnus Theatre Box Office
10 South Algoma Street, Thunder Bay
Phone: (807) 345 - 5552